Terms & Conditions
Your relationship with SocialEye
- Your use of SocialEye’s products, services, content and SocialEye sites (referred to collectively as the “Service” or “Services” in this document and excluding any services provided to you or your employees by SocialEye under a separate written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and SocialEye ( as defined below) contained in this document and/or any other document expressly referred to herein.
The Services are accessed through SocialEye’s proprietary software application(s) (referred to as the “Software” below) hosted at our SocialEye platform at(add SocialEyeaddress please) and consist in a single log-in, centralised SocialEye dashboard that enables you to access data, metrics and analytics from social profiles on multiple social networks and access services and buy products.
The Services are provided as “Software as a Service (SaaS)” subscription services and we will not be delivering copies of the Software to you as part of the Services. This document explains how the agreement is made up and sets out some of the terms of that agreement.
These Terms and Conditions will not apply if (i) you or your organization (on whose behalf you act pursuant to Section 2.3 and 18.1) have entered into a separate written agreement with us for the Services, such as, for example, a SOCIALEYE Binding Order that references other SOCIALEYE ’s terms of Service, or any other written agreement for the provision of our Services, or (ii) you or your organization have purchased the Services through our authorised reseller.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing with SOCIALEYE , your agreement with SOCIALEYE will always include, at a minimum, the terms and conditions set out in this document. These are referred to below as the “Universal Terms”.
- The Universal Terms, together with any related additional Specific Terms applicable to your subscription and the Payment Terms, form a legally binding agreement between you and SOCIALEYE in relation to your use of the Services. It is important that you take the time to read them carefully. Collectively, this legal agreement is referred to below as the “Terms”.
- If there is any contradiction between what the Specific Terms say and what the Universal Terms say, then the Specific Terms shall take precedence in relation to that Service.
Accepting the Terms
- In order to use the Services, you must firstly agree to the Terms. You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms.
- You can accept the Terms by (A) clicking to accept or agree to the Terms, where this option is made available to you by SocialEye's web and/or platform in the user interface for any Service; (B) by payment for the Services; or (C) by actually using the Services. By performing one of these three options, you understand and agree that SocialEye will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if (A) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract; or (B) when contracting on behalf of an entity, you are not authorized to legally bind your company or organization to such terms; or (C) you are a person or entity barred from receiving the Services under the local laws of which you are resident or the under the laws and regulations of United Arab Emirates or countries in which you use the Services.
- If you accept the Terms in the user interface for a Service, by making a payment, or by commencing the use of the Service, we recommend that you print off or save a local copy of the Terms for your records before you continue.
- The Services are provided by SocialEye for consideration. The up-to-date prices applicable to your use of the Services are published on the Services website( please add the web address) for configurations of the Services eligible for online purchase and by using the Services at a particular moment you agree to the prices published as of that moment.
- You can pay for the Services either by using your PayPal account, by entering your credit card information, or by any other means as published, from time to time, on the Services SocialEye site. In addition, you expressly acknowledge and agree that the initial price may change from time to time. You will always be informed about the price modification prior to making the upgrade and/or changing your subscription.
- SocialEye is not responsible for the payment processing provided by any third party unless SocialEye clearly states and/or acknowledges such payment gateways.
- Each party will be responsible for payment of any taxes applicable to its own income and activities in connection with the Services.
Language of the Terms
- The Terms are provided in English. Where SocialEye has provided you with a translation of the English language version of the Terms, you agree that the translation is provided only for your convenience, and that the English language versions of the Terms will govern your relationship with SocialEye.
- If there is any contradiction between what the English language version of the Terms says and what a translation says, then the English language version shall take precedence.
Provision of the Services by SocialEye
- SocialEye may have subsidiaries and affiliated legal entities in other countries. At times, these companies or their employees may serve as contact points with respect to the Services provided to you by SocialEye. Even where SocialEye’s subsidiaries or affiliates are your primary contact points, SocialEye as the Services provider will remain ultimately responsible for the provision of Services hereunder.
- SocialEye is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the Services which SocialEye provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
- As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that SocialEye may permanently or temporarily stop providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally at SocialEye's sole discretion, without prior notice to you.
- You understand and agree that SocialEye may at its full discretion disable access to your account for (i) non-payment or (ii) other breach of the Terms if such breach is material, and that in such case you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content which is contained in your account. If your access to the Services had been disabled for non-payment or other (material) breach of the Terms, and subsequently was reactivated (e.g. after the breach had been cured or remedied ); you will not be entitled to any compensation or refunds whatsoever, for the period for which you could not use the Services.. Such de-activation of Service shall not be considered a breach of the Terms by SocialEye and you give SocialEye full irrevocable right to undertake such deactivation and/or reactivation from time to time. Further, the foregoing is without prejudice to SocialEye's right to terminate the legal agreement embodied in the Terms for material breach pursuant to Section 12.3 of the Terms.
Your use of the Services
- To access the Services, you or your individual users may be required to provide identification, contact or similar details) as part of the registration process for the Service or as part of your continued use of the Services. You agree that any registration information you give to SocialEye will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (A) the Terms; (B) any applicable law, regulation, generally accepted practices, or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the , EU, the United States or other relevant countries); and (C) any other applicable rules (including, without limitation, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram , snapchat and/or other social media platform rules).
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by SocialEye, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate written agreement with SocialEye.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services).
- Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with SocialEye, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services and/or products of SocialEye for any purpose. The Services can be used by you only. You may not use the Services for the benefit of any third parties. You acknowledge that use of the Services in breach of this Section 5.5 will be considered a material breach of these Terms, with all consequences resulting therefrom.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that may amount to the misuse of our Services or that seeks to circumvent the Services’ terms. For example, if SocialEye provides you with any portion of a Service for free (as part of a trial, pilot or otherwise), you may not engage in data mining or other excessive use of the Service, beyond what is permitted by the free Service (and as advertised for that free Service at the time of the relevant promotion). SocialEye reserves the right to limit the customer’s activity on any of its free Services for any reason and without notice.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that SocialEye has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which SocialEye may suffer) of any such breach.
Your passwords and account security
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services.
- Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
- If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify SocialEye immediately at info at SocialEye dot com.
- SocialEye uses Facebook Connect, “Sign in with Twitter”, and other authentication methods for authorization of users. If your Facebook account, Twitter account or any other account used for registration and/or signing in the Services is deleted or non- functional, you may no longer be able to access the Services.
Privacy and your personal data
- We are serious about privacy of all individuals who use our Services or whose personal data we process.
- SocialEye has implemented and will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures, internal controls, and information security routines in accordance with good industry practice and having regard to the state of technological development to protect your data against accidental loss, destruction, or alteration; unauthorized disclosure or access (including but not limited to taking reasonable steps to ensure the reliability of employees having access to your data and providing for limited access rights and access controls; authentication; personnel training; regular back up; data recovery and incident management procedures; restrictions on storing, printing and disposal of personal data; software protection of devices on which personal data are stored; etc.); or unlawful destruction.
- Data collected from you may be transferred to, and stored and processed inany country in which SocialEye or its affiliates, or subcontractors, suppliers or vendors maintain facilities, subject to SocialEye implementing such appropriate legal mechanisms as required by the law to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection by the third-party processors.
- You agree that SocialEye may use aggregated and anonymized data derived from the data provided by you or collected by the program analytics such as user behaviour and activities for its own statistics, for auditing, for the purposes of product and market research and analytics (which help SocialEye to optimise and improve its Services their usability, the range of Services, and to develop new technologies, products and services), and for benchmarks and other analyses. SocialEye may share such anonymised data and share them with third parties outside of SocialEye; however, SocialEye will not directly or indirectly transfer any data received from you to (or use such data in connection with) any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related toolset.
Content in the Services
- You understand that all information such as, without limitation, data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, designs , clothes colours, editing , design editing , displayed pictures of models, pricing , technical arrangements , and videos or other images and generally all content author's rights (all such information being hereinafter referred to as the “Content”) which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Services are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated.
- You should be aware that "Content" presented to you as part of the Services, including but not limited to advertisements in the Services and sponsored Content within the Services (if any), may be protected by intellectual property rights owned by the sponsors or advertisers who provide such Content to SocialEye(or by other persons or companies on their behalf), and that the Content may include sensitive personal data. You may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on such Content (either in whole or in part), unless you have been specifically told that you may do so by SocialEye or by the owners of that Content, in a separate agreement.
- You understand that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable and that, in this respect, you use the Services at your own risk.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that SocialEye has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any Content that you create, transmit or display while using the Services and for the consequences of your actions (including any loss or damage which SocialEye or third parties may incur and including any other legal liability, whether liability under civil, commercial, tort, penal or administrative law or any other legal theory) by doing so. You may not use the Services to intentionally transmit or make public infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious Content or to store, transmit or make public any Content in violation of third party’s intellectual property or similar rights. You shall indemnify and hold SocialEye harmless from all claims and all liabilities, costs, proceedings, damages and expenses awarded against, or incurred or paid by SocialEye as a result of or in connection with your breach of any third party’s intellectual property or similar rights.
- You acknowledge and agree that SocialEye (or SocialEye's licensors) owns all legal rights, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated confidential by SocialEye and that you shall not disclose such information without SocialEye's prior written consent.
- Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with SocialEye, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of SocialEye's trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names and any other distinctive brand features. For the avoidance of doubt, if any reports or similar outputs from the Services (hereinafter “Reports”) generated by you through the use of the Service include SocialEye's trade name, trademark, service mark, logo, domain name or other distinctive SocialEye's brand features, their use in connection with that Report is permitted and Section 9.4 below shall apply.
- Other than the limited license set forth in Section 11, SocialEye acknowledges and agrees that it obtains no right, title or interest from you (or your licensors) under these Terms in or to any Content that you submit, post, transmit or display on, or through, the Services, including any intellectual property rights which subsist in that Content (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with SocialEye, you agree that you are responsible for protecting and enforcing those rights and that SocialEye has no obligation to do so on your behalf.
- You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyright and trade mark notices) which may be affixed to or contained within the Services.
- Unless you have been expressly authorised to do so in writing by SocialEye, you agree that in connection with the Services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any third party company or organisation in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorised user of such marks, names or logos.
Licence from SocialEye
- SocialEye gives you a worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive right and licence to access and use the Services and buy the products online through the Software, on a subscription basis or for free , for the term and in the scope designated by the Terms.
- Unless SocialEye has given you specific written permission to do so, you may not assign (or grant a sub-licence of) your rights, grant a security interest in or over your rights, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights granted hereunder.
- You acknowledge that any breach of Section 10 by you and/or by your users shall constitute a material breach of the Terms, with all consequences arising therefrom.
Ending your relationship with SocialEye
- If you purchase the Services continuously on a monthly “pay as you go” basis online, you may stop using the Services and so terminate your legal agreement with SocialEye at any time, without the need to notify SocialEye.
- SocialEye may at any time, by sending a notice, terminate its legal agreement with you embodied in the Terms if;
- you have breached any provision of the Terms and failed to cure the breach (where such breach is capable of being cured) within a reasonable cure period provided by the other party, or have acted in a manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms; or
- SocialEyeis required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is or becomes unlawful); or
- the partner with whom SocialEye offered the Services to you, or whom SocialEye uses or whose cooperation SocialEye needs in order to offer the Services to you (such as the social media platforms), has terminated its relationship with SocialEyeor ceased to offer its APIs, data, programs, application or services that are essential for the Services; or
- SocialEye is transitioning to no longer providing the Services to users in the country in which you reside or from which you use the Services; or
- the provision of the Services to you by SocialEye is, in SocialEye's sole opinion, no longer commercially viable.
- Nothing in this Section 11 shall affect SocialEye's rights regarding provision of Services under Section 4 of the Terms.
- Further, you understand and agree that the terms and conditions contained in the Terms (including the Payment Terms) will continue to apply to any order (extended) term pursuant to Section 11 above, as well as to any other continued use of the Services beyond the pre-paid subscription term, as they applied to the original subscription term, and you undertake to pay for the continued use of the Services in accordance with the Payment Terms. You expressly and irrevocably authorise SocialEye to debit your PayPal account or debit your credit card for the settlement of such SocialEye's consideration.
Exclusion of Warranties
- The Services are provided “as is” and SocialEye, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors give you no warranty with respect to them. Services features that interoperate with social media networks depend on the continuing availability of those social media network’s APIs, data, application, programs and services for use with the Service. If any social media network ceases to make its APIs, data, application, programs or services available on reasonable terms for the Service, SocialEye may cease providing such Service features upon reasonable prior written notice to you. SocialEye is not liable or responsible for the quality, accuracy or truthfulness of services or information obtained from social media networks and used within the Services or for interruption of access to such information caused by downtime or unavailability of the social media networks. Social media network content is not created or edited by SocialEye. SocialEye expressly disclaims and has no responsibility or liability for any social media network content that may be collected, received or created by you or your users in use of the Service.
- In particular, SocialEye, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors do not represent or warrant to you that
(A) your use of the Services will meet your requirements;
(B) your use of the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error;
(C) any information obtained by you as a result of your use of the Services will be accurate or reliable; and
- No conditions, warranties or other terms (including any implied terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or conformance with description) apply to the Services except to the extent that they are expressly set out in the Terms.
- Nothing in the Terms shall affect those statutory rights which you are always entitled to as a consumer and that you cannot contractually agree to alter or waive.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit SocialEye's liability for losses which may not be lawfully excluded or limited by applicable law.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WHATEVER THE LEGAL BASIS FOR THE CLAIM, SOCIALEYE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER "INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES", DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION) DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, THE USE OF SERVICES, PURCHASING SOCIALEYE 'S PRODUCTS, MATERIALS, OR THE FAILURE TO PERFORM OUR OBLIGATIONS.
- Subject to overall provision herein above, SocialEye, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its licensors shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential losses which may be incurred by you. Indirect and consequential losses shall include
(A) any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), loss of goodwill or business reputation, or any loss of data suffered by you;
(B) loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of
(i) any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the Services;
(ii) any changes which SocialEye may make to the Services, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Services (or any features within the Services);
(iii) the deletion of, corruption of, or failure to store, any Content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Services;
(iii) your failure to provide SocialEye with accurate account information;
(iv) your failure to keep your password or account details secure and confidential.
- The limitations of SocialEye's liability to you above shall apply whether or not SocialEye has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
- SocialEye's liability for damage incurred by you as a result of or in connection with the Services shall be limited to direct damages up to the amount you paid to SocialEye for the Services giving rise to that liability during the last three months before the occurrence of SocialEye's liability (or amount corresponding to a three- month Service fee, as applicable). SocialEye and you agree that this limitation reflects the damage that can be foreseen at the time of conclusion of this legal agreement between you and SocialEye, taking into account all circumstances the parties know or should know while exercising due care and that can arise from a breach of SocialEye's obligations under these Terms. To the extent permitted by applicable law, SocialEye accepts no liability in relation to your use of any Services provided free of charge.
- Some of the Services, in particular free Services, may be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on the Services, queries made through the Services or other information.
- The manner, mode and extent of advertising by SocialEye are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- In consideration for SocialEye granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that SocialEye may place such advertising on the Services.
- The Services may include hyperlinks to other SocialEye sites or content or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that SocialEye is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such SocialEye sites or resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that SocialEye is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that SocialEye is not liable for any damage which may be incurred by you as a result of any reliance you may have placed on the completeness, accuracy, or existence of any advertising, products, or other materials on, or available from, such SocialEye sites or resources.
Changes to the Terms
- SocialEye may make changes to the Universal Terms or Specific Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, SocialEye will make a new copy of the Universal Terms available at (please add the link of the ToU) and any new Specific Terms will be made available to you from within, or through, the affected Services.
- You understand and agree that if you use the Services after the date on which the Universal Terms or Specific Terms have changed, SocialEye will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Universal Terms or Specific Terms.
General legal terms
- “SocialEye” or “we” means SocialEye , whose principal place of business is in Sharqa Media City . “You” means the individual that is entering in to the legal agreement for the Services with us in purchasing , using , surfing and or passing through the website, or that is using the Services, or who is registered with SocialEyeas a person or an entity.
- The Terms constitute the whole legal agreement between you and SocialEye and govern your use of the Services (excluding any services which SocialEye may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and SocialEye in relation to the Services.
- You agree that SocialEye may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, or postings on the Services of SocialEye's site.
- The parties agree that if one of them does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Terms (or which such party has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of such party’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to it.
- If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Terms without affecting the rest of the Terms. The remaining provisions of the Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- The Terms, and your relationship with SocialEye under the Terms, shall be governed by the law of the United Arab Emirates. You and SocialEye agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the UAE courts to resolve any legal matters arising from the Terms and the venue of the court of first instance shall be Central Sharqa Court in Sharqa, as applicable. Notwithstanding this, you agree that SocialEye shall still be allowed to apply
(A) for payment orders (or otherwise enforce payment for Services provided under the Terms) in the jurisdiction in which you have your registered seat or principal place of business, and
(B) for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
Annex 1 – Data processing agreement
This Annex 1 – Data processing agreement shall only apply if SocialEye provides to you Services or Services’ features within which we only have access to certain personal data because you give us your permission, authorization, token or other mechanism that allows us to access, collect or otherwise process such data, and thereby instruct us to process such personal data on your behalf; for example:
- Customer care feature of our Service “Community” which involves the access by SocialEye to, and storing and management of, communication between you and your end-customers affected via your social network pages (e.g. Facebook messages); or
- Any other similar Services or Services’ features that you may activate and that would require SocialEye to access and process any personal data associated with your social network profile, page or account which we cannot access directly from social networks (via API) without your permission and with respect to which you are the data controller; or
- Any other personal data that you entrust to us for processing on your behalf, by written instruction, where such processing is necessary for us to provide you our Services.
As a data controller with respect to any personal data that you instruct us to process in the context of the Services, you are responsible for the lawfulness of such processing, including the requisite legal titles (consents or other, as may be applicable) for processing. SocialEye is not liable for any misprocessing of data that could occur by your provision of the data to SocialEye or your instruction to SocialEye to process such data on your behalf.
“DPA” means the data processing agreement included in this Annex 1;
“Services” 1.1 means, for the purpose of this Annex 1, all Services SocialEye provides to you under the Terms as your data processor, as specified in the Preamble of this DPA;
“Terms” means the Terms to which this Annex 1 is appended to.
- Object / Scope of the processing
The object/scope of this DPA is the processing of personal data in connection with the provision of the Services specified in this DPA.
The duration of this DPA shall correspond to the term of SocialEye's Services existence.
- Specification of Processing (nature, purpose, type of personal data and categories of data subjects)
- The nature and purpose of the intended processing are defined in the Terms and correspond to the provision of the Services defined in this DPA.
- Any personal data that you (or any other data subjects, as may be applicable) decide to submit to you via your social media pages, using direct messages (e.g. Facebook messages), which will be administered by SocialEye as a data processor within the customer care feature of SocialEye's Service “Community” (or other Service features, as may be applicable). Such personal data may include, without limitation, data subjects’ contact information (such as name, address, company, email, telephone), identification data (date of birth, birth number), and other information relating to the data subjects’ activities; and
- Information about data subjects’ behaviour on SocialEye's platform and/or on social media.
The exact scope of personal data processed will always depend on the specific Service you use.
- Technical and Organizational Measures
- Taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that the processing of personal data will meet the requirements of applicable data protection law.
- We have implemented technical and organisational measures as specified in the Security Policies and Practices. You hereby acknowledge and agree that these measures are appropriate and sufficient to conform to the customs and norms of practices admitted and accepted worldwide.
- Rectification, restriction, access and erasure of data
- We will only erase or block personal data upon instruction issued by you. In case of requests regarding the rectification, restriction or the erasure directly addressed to us by a data subject, we will inform you about such request without undue delay.
- You hereby agree that SocialEye shall not be liable if you do not take action on the data subject’s request, or if you do not respond correctly or in a timely manner.
- We undertake to:
- Process the personal data within the Services specified in this DPA only on documented instructions from your unless processing is required by applicable laws to which we are subject to, in which case we shall, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, inform you of that legal requirement before the relevant processing of that personal data;
- Inform you if we consider that an instruction violates data protection laws or regulations. We shall then be entitled to suspend the execution of the relevant instructions;
- Ensure that persons authorised to process the personal data have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality;
- Taking into account the nature of the processing, assist you by appropriate technical and organisational measures, insofar as this is possible, for the fulfilment of your obligation to respond to requests for exercising the data subject's rights;
- At your choice, delete or return all the personal data to you after the end of the provision of Services relating to processing, and delete existing copies unless applicable law requires storage of the personal data;
- Make available to you information necessary to demonstrate our compliance with the obligations laid down in this DPA.
- We shall engage another processor (i. e. a sub-processor) only in accordance with this DPA. The mechanism hereby stipulated shall be considered a general written authorisation from you.
- If we engage another processor for carrying out specific processing activities on your behalf, the same obligations as set out in this DPA shall be imposed on that other processor by way of a written contract.
- If you have a reasonable basis to object to our use of another new processor, you shall notify us promptly in writing within 5 days after being notified. For the avoidance of doubt, you hereby agree that if you are not able to show evidence that the new processor provides an unacceptable risk to the protection of personal data (e.g., the other processor has a history of security breaches) or is your direct competitor, it would be unreasonable for you to object if the other processor has passed our vendor security evaluation.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you object to the engagement of another processor and your objection is not unreasonable, the parties will come together in good faith to discuss an appropriate solution. We may in particular choose not use the intended processor, or engage the processor only after we take the corrective steps and / or measures requested by you.
- Audit rights
- Upon reasonable advance notice of at least 90 days and in order to ensure and review compliance with the technical and organizational security measures and the obligations laid down in this DPA, we shall permit you to conduct periodic audits or to have them carried out by an auditor mandated by you. We shall, at your written request and within a reasonable period of time, submit to you any and all information, documentation and other factual evidence necessary for the audit. The audit result shall be documented appropriately.
- Audits shall be conducted during reasonable times, shall be of reasonable duration, and shall not unreasonably interfere with our day-to-day operations. In the event that you conduct an audit through a third party independent contractor, such independent contractor shall be required to enter into a non-disclosure agreement. Additionally, such independent contractor must not be our direct or indirect competitor, nor a person who can reasonably be considered by us unfit (from professional, experience and historic reasons) to perform such audit.
Unless otherwise stipulated herein, the provisions of the Terms shall apply, including any exclusions and limitation of warranties and liabilities provided therein. Provisions in this DPA shall have precedence over any provisions of the Terms relating to the processing of personal data by SocialEye in the position of a data processor, if any.