22 January 2019
What does it take to be a social media influencer?
Influencers are social media users who have credibility in specific industries and are able to persuade a large number of people who are interested in their specializations. Being a social media influencer is not easy, as it requires some tips that you have to accompany through the journey. Some of these tips are:
- Find an interesting topic with passion: It might be a hobby since childhood or something you are interested in as an adult. So, you will have passion toward it. Passion will drive you toward success because with it, you won’t get bored with the wide variety of information of the topic. Second, your passion will be shown in the way you present the content. For example, if you put music in the video while marketing your products, you will be seen as interested in the topic. Finally, the more passionate you are, the more you can convince people
- Content: Content is very important because it helps in engaging your followers. Be modern in the way you publish your content. For example, Instagram has a new option of adding stories like those of Snapchat that disappear after 24 hours. It is engaging as people tend to see clearly that they miss something important. In addition, there are live videos that might be used as a future reference. Furthermore, they break the wall between you and your followers, since you are shown in a personal setting.
- Socialize: Start by attracting your followers through big and most used social media platforms, such as: Instagram and Snapchat, since they are growing very fast and many people are using them. Then, start by signing up for different platforms, write a short biography about yourself, your interests and links that lead to all your accounts. This is important because you want your followers to feel that you are available and everywhere. In addition, try to engage your audience by replying to their comments, so they feel that you are a real person.
- License and verification: Real social media influencers should have business license and trade license that qualify them as influencers. Your followers should know about them, so they start following on social media platforms. In addition, you might have the verification sign beside your names on social media platforms, which is a small tick that is only given to credible and authorized figures.
- Attend social events: Some big firms tend to organize events to gather social media influencers. Attend, be open, introduce yourself and get to know them. Let them follow you so it might back you up. They will help you for sure if you asked.